The Tenda Nova Mesh Kit is a whole home Wi-Fi system, that include several access point to cover a large area. They are affordable and ideal for those looking to cover a large space using a broadband single connection. The small nodes have a minimalist, matte style and don’t take up a lot of space within the home.
What really set the Tenda Mesh Kits apart from other wifi extenders on the market, is the affordable price. Although there are cheaper broadband extenders out there, they only extend your connection slightly and can cause a significant drop in speeds.
Whereas Tenda’s Mesh Kits create a standalone wifi system. Each kit comes with three access points or nodes to be placed across your home. It allows you to seamlessly swap between access points as you wander around our home. Whereas with wifi extenders, the connection would disconnect and reconnect from one network to the other.
The set up is quick and easy! If you have any issue please contact our support team to talk you through the set up.
Tenda Mesh Kit Set Up
- Power-off your broadband modem.
- Use the ethernet cable provided with your mesh kit to connect any one of the nodes to your modem.
- The LED light at the top corner of the node should appear green on this first node. This will be your main node.
- Power on the second and third node near the main node (temporarily). The light should appear green.
Tenda Mesh Kit Configuration
- Download the Tenda App from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. This cannot be done on a computer or laptop.
- Connect to the Nova Wifi internet access point on your phone. The network ID and password can be found on the back of the main node.
- Open the Tenda App again, and the set up process will start.
- The additional access pointes they should automatically appear on the app once turned on and joined to the network. However, they can also be connected manually via the app. Go to settings on the app, select add nova, and scan the QR code on the back of each node to connect them to the network.
- Once connected, the main node must stay you can place the nodes across your house, within 10 metres of the primary node, acting as a complete whole home mesh wifi system
Once you are all set up you can monitor your mesh kit by the colour of the LED light at the top corner of each node, which indicates the strength of the connection.
- Green/Blue – Excellent
- Yellow – Fair
- Magenta – Poor
- Red – Disconnected
This light can be help chose the best spot to place the nodes around your home.
Your Mesh Kit can also be accessed anytime remotely. The remote access is as follows:
- Open the Tenda App, and tap on the top-right corner.
- Click Login, and then Register.
- Enter a valid email address.
- A confirmation email will be then sent to your inbox. Follow the email instructions to register your account.
All the Mesh Kits have a parental control function that allows you to choose the times at which the internet is accessed from certain devices.
- Select Settings > Parental Control
- Select Create a Group > Add a Group
- Choose a group name then select the devices to be added to the group.
- It will then give you the option to ‘pause’ and ‘play’ to start and stop access to the network for these devices.
- Select Period to set times that these devices are provided access.
Another feature of the Tenda Mesh Kits is the Guest Network option. This can be used for any guests in your home as it keeps the main network more secure.
- Settings > Guest Network > Enable
- Select a WiFi name and password.
- Select the validity period and hit save.
For more details about set up: Tenda Mesh Kit Set Up Guide
Unsure which Mesh Kit is best suited to your needs? Talk to our sales staff on 044 9 312 312!