Change your Passwords Today
Now is the ideal moment to switch to more secure passwords. Passwords serve as a key to vital pieces of personal data, including name, birthdate, home address, phone number, and credit card details. Personal data can be used by criminals to steal identities. Password security is crucial since your profiles’ personal information is secured by them.
However, not everyone is concerned with password security. Surprisingly, a lot of people use common passwords like “password,” “123456,” “qwerty,” etc. The majority of people also use the same passwords across other accounts. Reusing passwords and using basic ones are both detrimental to security.
If you have not done so in a while, please change your password and read our tips for extra security and best practices. In addition, enable 2-factor authentication where ever possible. Use a password manager (Bitwarden is a good choice), and keep your devices updated. Finally, look out for phishing scams and always reverse google search for an unexpected message or email received.
Password tips and best practices:
- – Never use personal information.
- – Include a combination of letters, numbers and characters.
- – Prioritise password length.
- – Never repeat passwords.
- – Avoid using words from the dictionary. (hackers use dictionary cyphers)
- Don’t be an easy target. Make it difficult for cybercriminals. Stay safe online and off
Change your Password today and make sure you are safe online. Read More WiFi Tips VPN Internet Security